Thursday 8 December 2016

Contoh Figurative Language of The Bubble by Kenneth Hopkins

www.advisoranalyst.com

Figurative Language
The Bubble
By Kenneth Hopkins

I blew myself a bubble
That was bigger than myself
And I floated up inside it
To the top-most shelf,
And there I saw before me
       With my own two eyes
       Half a hundred jam-post
       And four dead flies.
I blew myself a bubble
That was larger than Papa
And he floated off inside it,
       As everybody cheered and waved
       To see him overhead
       ‘Your Father is very a clever man’
       They said.


1. Investigate figurative language by identifying the poem
- Metaphor      : a. I blew myself a bubble
- Simile            : a. That was bigger than myself
                          b. That was larger than Papa
2. The cultural meaning of the figurative language
- myself has cultural meaning that someone can do something without help.
- bubble has cultural meaning as a hope or expectation.
- Papa has cultural meaning as head of family, leader, and strong man.
3. Describe the poet’s intention(s) to write those figurative languages
- I blew myself a bubble describes the poet’s intention about expectation. The writer has expectation that can be bigger likes a bubble.
- That was bigger than myself describes the poet’s intention about the writer’s expectation that the expectation is bigger than what he can imagine. Like a bubble can expand bigger.

- That was larger than Papa describes the poet’s intention about the writer’s expectation that the expectation is broader than what his father can imagine. Like a bubble can expand larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Komentarlah dengan bijak

Post Unggulan

Museum Benteng Vredeburg Yogyakarta, Wisata Edukasi dan Sejarah

Museum Benteng Vredeburg Yogyakarta, Wisata Edukasi dan Sejarah My Own Property Yogyakarta memang terkenal dengan beragam wisatanya...

Popular Posts