Wednesday 7 December 2016

Musical Devices in Poetry "The Bubble" By Kenneth Hopkins

Musical Devices in Poetry
The Bubble
By Kenneth Hopkins
www.dq995.com


I blew myself a bubble
That was bigger than myself
And I floated up inside it
To the top-most shelf,
And there I saw before me
            With my own two eyes
            Half a hundred jam-post
            And four dead flies.
I blew myself a bubble
That was larger than Papa
And he floated off inside it
            As everybody cheered and waved
            To see him overhead
            ‘Your Father is very a clever man’
            They said
Notes :
Blue : Alliteration
            Is the repetition of beginning consonant sounds.
Green : Assonance
            In the repetition of vowel sounds.
Red : Consonance
               Is the repetition of consonant sounds anywhere within words, not just at the       beginning.
Brown      : Onomatopea
          Is the use of words that create the sounds they describe.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Komentarlah dengan bijak

Post Unggulan

Museum Benteng Vredeburg Yogyakarta, Wisata Edukasi dan Sejarah

Museum Benteng Vredeburg Yogyakarta, Wisata Edukasi dan Sejarah My Own Property Yogyakarta memang terkenal dengan beragam wisatanya...

Popular Posts