Friday 27 October 2017

Short Story - A Soldier and a Secret Box

A Soldier and a Secret Box
www.Amazon.com

Once upon a time, there was a soldier from a big kingdom. His name was Abu. He was a brave, strong, and trusted soldier. He always did what the king asked for. He was a good soldier.  
One day, the king of the Asa Kingdom asked the soldier to come to the king. The soldier finally came to the king and ready for the duty. The soldier met the king. Then, the king gave an order to the soldier.
“I know you are a brave and strong soldier. So that, I give you an order. Please bring this box to the Spirit Village. You will find a small building, and there is an old man there.” said the King. “Yes, my majesty. I will commit this duty with all my heart to serve you.” The soldier replied.
“Good, I believe in you that you can do this duty” The king said.
“But, I am sorry my majesty. May I know what is inside this box?” asked the soldier curiously.
“I just give an order to bring this box to the place I told you! You do not deserve to know what inside the box is!” shouted the king.
“Yes my majesty. I understand” replied the soldier.
Finally, the soldier took the box and walked out the kingdom. But, suddenly the king stopped the soldier and said,
“Stop! Listen to me!”
“Yes, my majesty”
“I warn you to keep that box safe. I do not want to hear you fail in delivering that box. Whatever happens, you must pass all that through because I know there will be many enemies out of there.”
“Yes, my majesty. I will keep this box safe and I will devote my soul to keep and deliver this box”
“Good! And once more. Do not ever open that box! But, you are allowed to open that box if you have arrived to the destination! Is it clear?” said the king.
“ Yes, my majesty. I will never disappoint you”
The soldier started brought the box. He was alone. He only rode the horse given by the king with a sheet of map and limited stocks. Day by day he passed the way without obstacles. But, in the border of state, he faced a wide and long river. It was looked deep and the stream was so swift. “I have to pass this river. There is no other way!” said the soldier. He remembered the order of the king. Finally, he decided to pass the river. He released the horse and with the pickup tools, his will defeated his fear. He took up the box above his head used his hands. He was almost be swept by stream. But with his conviction, he could pass that river alive. Then, he continued his duty.
Day by day, he had passed many villages. He was out of his stocks. He took a rest under a tree. The weather was so hot and he planned to continue his duty. Suddenly, he fell into a ravine. He was wounded and got bloody. He felt that he could not continue his duty. He felt that he had better to give up. He was lying down on the ground under the hot sun ray. Not water and no food. He was surrender. He closed his eyes and thought. He remembered his king order. He must complete this mission. “My king trusts me. I do not know what inside the box is. But I believe that it is very treasure. I have a mission and I have a purpose to deliver this box. I have promised that I will devote my life to keep and deliver this box. I will never disappoint my king!” said the soldier. With all the rest of his power, he got up and continued his duty.
 A month has passed. He finally reached his hope. He found the village, Spirit Village. He started looking for the small building with the old man inside. In the corner of the village, he saw an old hut. He was approaching that old hut. Then, he knocked the door but no one replied. He knocked the door again and he saw an old man came out. The soldier greet the old man but the old man just silent.
“Good morning, I am a soldier from Asa kingdom. And I…”
“Stop young man! I know what your purpose is. Now you are allowed to open that box.”
The soldier was surprised why the old man knew the purpose of his coming. He remembered his king words that he was allowed to open the box if I had arrived in this village and met the old man. Finally, with no doubt but curiously he opened the box. He was so surprise because he only found a folded sheet of paper like a letter. He opened the paper and read the letter. He was shocked because there was only a sentence there.
“Congratulation! You arrive safely and alive!”
The soldier did not believe this. After what he had passed to deliver this box, he only got this.
“What does it mean? I do not believe this! My king gave me a meaningless ordered. I have devoted my life just to keep this box safe! But this is what I got!”
The soldier was just contemplating what had happened. Suddenly, the old man told the soldier.
“Young soldier, you are not the one who did this. There were many previous soldiers who did the same order from the king like what you did. But, you are the only soldier who complete this duty.” said the old man.
“What did you said? What do you mean by I am not the only one?!”
“Yeah, you are the only one who completed this duty. After year by year the king tested the soldiers who have a special ability like you. They were strong and brave, but they did have firm will inside their heart. They could not complete this duty because they only hoped some rewards and position. Finally, the failed and gave up. But, you are different. You have a firm will and you can keep the duty. I believe that you are a good soldier. The king will be very happy and be proud of you, young soldier!”
“I still do not understand this. I do not know what is the king’s purpose by doing this.” said the soldier.
“Young soldier, I know you are not an ordinary person. You should realize that there are many values that you get from this duty. The first, you can keep the duty, the trust from your king. You are a trusted soldier. If you can complete the duty, it means that you have a good integrity. The second, you believe in your purpose. If you have a purpose to be reached, you will never stop and never give up whatever happens and whatever the obstacles. I believe that you have passed many obstacles and troubles along the way. The third, you have a firm will. Your firm will defeats your fear. Your firm will delivers your purpose here. I believe that you have a firm will that delivers you here.” Explain the old man wisely.
Finally, the young soldier realized and believed that the king had a good purpose. After all this happened, he felt that he became better and he would keep this lesson along a rest of his life. He also promised that he will share this kindness to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Komentarlah dengan bijak

Post Unggulan

Museum Benteng Vredeburg Yogyakarta, Wisata Edukasi dan Sejarah

Museum Benteng Vredeburg Yogyakarta, Wisata Edukasi dan Sejarah My Own Property Yogyakarta memang terkenal dengan beragam wisatanya...

Popular Posts